Dexion’s Pallet Shuttle System is a semi-automated storage solution for the handling of goods inside channels similar to a drive-in setup. The Pallet Shuttle System removes the need for forklift trucks to enter the aisles and hence offers a cost effective and time saving storage solution.
- Efficient system of compact storage for warehouses with low levels of SKU
- Optimisation of storage, loading and unloading stages
- Low level of risks or stress to the warehouse operating staff
- Low level of risks or damage to the equipment -loading machinery and racks, thanks to the movement front warehouse
- Removes the need for specialist forklift trucks
All handling of the goods within the channels is carried out using the Pallet Shuttle which is remotely controlled by the user. Handling of the pallets outside of the rack is conducted using standard forklift trucks. This therefore removes the need for a forklift truck to access the storage channel.
The pallets are placed on an Pallet Shuttle (a battery powered pallet cart) which carries the pallets into the rack.
The Pallet Shuttle System can work either as FIFO or as LIFO, so it is a highly efficient alternative to Live storage and Drive-In Racking in such situations as:
- Cold Storage
- Food Production
- Meat Processing
- Beverage Production and Distribution
- All Drive-In / Drive-Through Racking users